|60 O St NW|
Lunch: 11:30 am to 12:45 pm
About So Others Might Eat
So Others Might Eat (SOME) is the only interfaith, community-based organization in the District of Columbia that offers a comprehensive, holistic approach to caring for the homeless and extremely poor citizens of our city.
Why a holistic approach? It works.
- The combination and centralization of services encourage SOME clients to build on their successes, become increasingly self-reliant, and ultimately overcome the barriers that keep them homeless and destitute.
- Each service that SOME offers is equally important to our clients’ well-being and recovery -- whether it is a winter coat, a hot meal and a hot shower, a doctor’s care, job training, or affordable housing.
- The continuum of care we offer helps us forge a partnership built on trust that keeps the men and women we serve moving forward on a path out of poverty.
- Our reach extends beyond direct service to addressing the systemic causes of poverty and homelessness through advocating for stronger governmental policies.
- some.org Official website for So Others Might Eat